Browsing by Author "Carnie, Robert H."
Now showing 1 - 8 of 8
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessThe Eighteenth Century Book-Trade in the British Isles; An Exhibition of Books, Bindings and Manuscripts(The University of Calgary Libraries, Special Collections Division, 1980) Carnie, Robert H.; Steele, Apollonia; Special Collections; Information Resources; University of Calgary
- ItemOpen AccessThe Evelyn de Mille Collection on the Book and the Book Arts(The University of Calgary Libraries, Special Collections Division, 1991) Carnie, Robert H.; Dansereau, Estelle; McGillivray, Murray; Roseneder, Jan; Special Collections; Information Resources; University of Calgary
- ItemOpen AccessIrish Decorative Bookbindings at The University of Calgary(Amphora, 1977) Carnie, Robert H.; Special Collections; Information Resources; University of Calgary
- ItemEmbargoJames Boswell's A letter to the people of Scotland, 1785 - an anotated and critical edition(1975) Brunner, Dana E.; Carnie, Robert H.This work is an attempt to make available, in a scholarly and critical edition, a minor text of James Boswell, A Letter to the People of Scotland on the Alarming Attempt to Infringe the Articles of the Union, and Introduce a most Pernicious Innovation, by Diminishing the Number of the Lords of Session, 1785, which has not been republished since the original edition, and which is not easily available to readers outside major research centres. I have endeavoured to give footnotes to the dramatis personae of the work, and also to provide the major historical data necessary to understand the political and social setting of the Letter. An introduction outlining this setting and giving the pertinent bibliographical data has been included. This work was edited with reference to the Manuscript of the Letter, in the Mary Hyde collection, and I have included a Table of Variants in which is listed the changes from the manuscript to the text.
- ItemEmbargoR. B. Cunninghame Graham: the neglected scottish writing(1979) Curme, Nancy; Carnie, Robert H.
- ItemEmbargoScottish poetic tradition in the poetry sections of the Scots Magazine and the Edinburgh Magazine or Literary Miscellany, 1739-1800(1977) Buchanan, Mary Agnes; Carnie, Robert H.
- ItemEmbargoThe `Ars moriendi' tradition in late sixteenth and early seventeenth-century Protestant devotional prose written in English(1975) Atkinson, David William; Carnie, Robert H.