Browsing by Author "Johnson, Mark"
Now showing 1 - 5 of 5
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessAlberta Gambling Research Institute Conference 2018: Current Issues in Gambling Research(2018-04) Binde, Per; Christensen, Darren; Delfabbro, Paul; Dixon, Mike; Euston, David; Gainsbury, Sally; Hodgins, David; Johnson, Mark; Kairouz, Sylvia; Kim, Hyoun S. (Andrew); Leonard, Carrie; Manitowabi, Darrel; McGrath, Daniel; Mishra, Sandeep; Nicoll, Fiona; Parke, Jonathan; Smith, Garry; Stewart, Sherry; Volberg, Rachel; Wahsquonaikezhik, Sheila; Williams, Robert; Yakovenko, IgorThe Alberta Gambling Research Institute's 17th Annual Conference "Current Issues in Gambling Research" took place April 12-14, 2018 @ The Banff Centre, Banff, Alberta, Canada. Opening reception the evening of April 12, 2018.
- ItemOpen AccessAlberta Gambling Research Institute Conference 2022: Back to the Centre: Back to the Future of Gambling Research(2022-06) Baxter, David; Bedford, Kate; Belanger, Yale; Brodeur, Magaly; Christensen, Darren; Dowling, Nicki; Gray, Heather; Hing, Nerilee; Johnson, Mark; Jonsson, Jakob; Kim, Andrew; Kostek, Riley; Manitowabi, Darrel; Murch, W. Spencer; Shaw, Carrie; Stevens, Rhys; Volberg, Rachel; Wilcox, Sean; Williams, Robert; Yakovenko, Igor; Young, MatthewThe Alberta Gambling Research Institute's 21st Annual Conference "Back to the Centre: Back to the Future of Gambling Research" took place June 23 - 25, 2022 at the Banff Centre in Banff, Alberta as a hybrid live and virtual event. A selection of conference presentations presented at the event have been made available with the permission of the authors.
- ItemOpen AccessConceptual Framework of Harmful Gambling: An International Collaboration, Third Edition(Gambling Research Exchange Ontario, 2018-11-22) Abbott, Max; Binde, Per; Clark, Luke; Hodgins, David; Johnson, Mark; Manitowabi, Darrel; Quilty, Lena; Spångberg, Jessika; Volberg, Rachel; Walker, Douglas; Williams, RobertAlthough it is seen by many as a form of leisure and recreation, gambling can have serious repercussions for individuals, families, and society as a whole. The harmful effects of gambling have been studied for decades in an attempt to understand individual differences in gambling engagement and the life-course of gambling-related problems. In this publication, we present a comprehensive, internationally relevant conceptual framework of “harmful gambling” that moves beyond a symptoms-based view of harm and addresses a broad set of factors related to population risk, community, and societal effects. Factors included in the framework represent major topics relating to gambling that range from specific (gambling environment, exposure, types, and resources) to general (cultural, social, psychological, and biological). The framework has been created by international, interdisciplinary experts in order to facilitate an understanding of harmful gambling. It reflects the state of knowledge related to factors influencing harmful gambling, and serves a secondary purpose as a guide for the development of future research programs and to educate policy makers on issues related to harmful gambling. Gambling Research Exchange Ontario (GREO) (formerly the Ontario Problem Gambling Research Centre (OPGRC) located in Guelph, Ontario, Canada) has facilitated the development of the Conceptual Framework of Harmful Gambling and retains responsibility for keeping it up-to-date.
- ItemOpen AccessJust Gambling? Ethical Challenges Pertaining to Gambling Provision, Policy and Research(2017-04) Abbott, Max; Banks, James; Belanger, Yale; Brown, Dan; Christensen, Darren; Hancock, Linda; Harrigan, Kevin; Johnson, Mark; Lund, Anna; Markham, Francis; McGrath, Daniel; Mutti-Packer, Seema; Nicoll, Fiona; Rockloff, Matthew; Rorie, Melissa; Sanders, James; Scholnick, Barry; Simpson, Rob; Williams, Robert; Wilsenach, André; Wohl, Michael16th Annual Conference "Just Gambling? Ethical Challenges Pertaining to Gambling Provision, Policy and Research" took place April 6-8, 2017 @ The Banff Centre, Banff, Alberta, Canada. Opening reception the evening of April 6, 2017.
- ItemOpen AccessVoices: a chamber opera for piano and vocal quartet : score and analysis(1990) Johnson, Mark; Jordan, William S.