Browsing by Author "Sadler, Shawna"
Now showing 1 - 11 of 11
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen Access21st Century Benchmarks for Library Technologies(2012-05-18) Sadler, ShawnaFrom multi-surface computing walls and touch tables to visualization walls and “magic” globes, new technologies are offering bold ways of accessing and creating information, changing library practices, and energizing a new generation of learners. This panel represents the leading edge of technologists as they push the boundaries of their resources and imagination.
- ItemOpen AccessBeyond the ivory tower: disseminating your research to a broader audience(2008-05-07T18:39:30Z) Waller, Andrew; Sadler, ShawnaIn these days of the internet, open access journals, institutional repositories and other alternative publishing methods, it can be difficult to determine the best way to disseminate research. This session was aimed at those who wanted more information about: • Where to publish - Open Access journals vs. traditional journals. • What issues to be aware of including author rights, rights to place in an institutional repository? • What is an institutional repository used for? What kinds of material can be added? • What supports are locally available?
- ItemOpen AccessDevelopment of Multimedia Creation Services and Resources in the Taylor Family Digital Library, University of Calgary(ARLIS/NA Conference Proceedings, 2012-03-31) Nasserden, Marilyn; Sadler, Shawna; Tetrault, DylanThe University of Calgary Libraries and Cultural Resources (LCR) is developing a comprehensive academic Multimedia Creation programme to support students from points of inspiration to archiving their original works. Facilities include video editing suites, a bank of Mac Pro workstations, video gaming, and digitizing equipment. We will also provide a touch table and digital sphere with software development kits for students to create their own work on these platforms. Library collections, including e-manuals, web resources (Creative Commons, public domain, and royalty-free resources), and learning tools (workshops, guides) support content creation. Services and resources will be developed collaboratively between several LCR and non-LCR units, including the Student Success Centre, Visual & Performing Arts, Digital Media Commons, and campus IT.
- ItemOpen AccessGetting everyone on the same page: A staff focus group study for library web site redesign(Emerald, 2007) MacMillan, Don; McKee, Susan; Sadler, Shawna
- ItemOpen AccessThe Role of Next Generation Libraries in Enhancing Multidisciplinary Research(2016-04-05) HIckerson, Tom; Lippincott, Joan; Ruddock, Kathryn; Sadler, ShawnaHow well are research libraries positioned to meet the needs of today’s multidisciplinary research? What are the common needs across disciplines conducting such research? These are the questions the University of Calgary Libraries and Cultural Resources sought to answer through focused discussions among researchers extending over three days in the fall of 2015. With funding from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, we hosted workshops with researchers from three multidisciplinary research clusters of strategic priority to the University of Calgary – Arctic Studies, Smart Cities and Visual Analytics. External facilitators managed the various sessions and three disciplinary experts from other Canadian universities (Toronto, Carleton and Queens) contributed in broadening the scope of the inquiry. Library staff and representatives of the University’s Research Services Office acted principally as observers, but contributed as needed in identify existing research infrastructure capacities. In this project briefing, we will discuss the planning and conducting of these workshops, report on the common research support needs and themes, examine the implications for 21st century libraries in planning services and technologies and explore their role in the development of research platforms.
- ItemOpen AccessUniversity Library Website Usability Study Report(2006) Hayden, K. Alix; Hyland, Maureen; Lee, Jennifer; MacMillan, Don; McKee, Sue; Rutherford, Shauna; Sadler, Shawna; Toews, Lorraine; Warren, Darlene; Wheeler, Justine; Library; Information Resources; University of CalgaryThe University Library Website Usability study was conducted to obtain data on the usability of the current University Library website. This data will be used to inform decision making in the subsequent re-design of the website.
- ItemOpen AccessUniversity of Calgary Library Website Redesign Project: Focus Groups Report(2006-12-19T22:45:03Z) MacMillan, Don; McKee, Susan; Sadler, Shawna