Browsing by Author "Stevens, Rhys"
Now showing 1 - 11 of 11
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessAlberta Gambling Research Institute Conference 2021: Gambling in Canada: Current Research & Future Directions(Alberta Gambling Research Institute, 2021-04) Baich, Eric; Belanger, Yale; Chamberlain, Erika; Christensen, Darren; Clark, Luke; Currie, Shawn; Derevensky, Jeffrey; Dixon, Darcy; Dixon, Mike; Euston, David; Hilbrecht, Margo; Hodgins, David; Kim, Andrew; Lautischer, Steve; Lee, Bonnie; Leonard, Carrie; Manitowabi, Darrel; Marshall, Murray; McGrath, Daniel; Nicoll, Fiona; Ofori-Dei, Samuel; Papineau, Elisabeth; Scholnick, Barry; Sévigny, Serge; Shead, Will; Simpson, Rob; Stevens, Rhys; Stewart, Sherry; Tabri, Nassim; Turner, Nigel; Wiebe, Jamie; Williams, Robert; Wohl, Michael J. A.; Yakovenko, Igor; Young, Matthew; Aidelbaum, Robert; Allen, Sasha; Baxter, David; Brazeau, Brad; Cowie, Megan; Dorchak, Danika; Dowson, Mackenzie E.; Ethier, Ashley R.; Gooding, Nolan; Gorenko, Julie; HeavyShield, Marley; Kim, Hyoun S. (Andrew); Kruger, Tyler B.; Larche, Chanel J.; Laskowski, Catherine S.; Leca, Jean-Baptiste; Leslie, Diandra; Mackey-Simpkin, Sean; Marchica, Loredana; Peel, Marie-Audrey; Piquette, Noëlla; Ritchie, Emma V.; Russell, Gillian; Schluter, Magdalen; Schoen, Anthony; Sharif-Razi, Maryam; Sontag, Roxanne; Stark, Sasha; Trottier, Maegan; Yi, SunghwanThe Alberta Gambling Research Institute's 20th Annual Conference "Gambling in Canada: Current Research & Future Directions" took place April 27-29, 2021 as a live virtual event. A selection of conference presentations and research posters presented at the event have been made available with the permission of the authors.
- ItemOpen AccessAlberta Gambling Research Institute Conference 2022: Back to the Centre: Back to the Future of Gambling Research(2022-06) Baxter, David; Bedford, Kate; Belanger, Yale; Brodeur, Magaly; Christensen, Darren; Dowling, Nicki; Gray, Heather; Hing, Nerilee; Johnson, Mark; Jonsson, Jakob; Kim, Andrew; Kostek, Riley; Manitowabi, Darrel; Murch, W. Spencer; Shaw, Carrie; Stevens, Rhys; Volberg, Rachel; Wilcox, Sean; Williams, Robert; Yakovenko, Igor; Young, MatthewThe Alberta Gambling Research Institute's 21st Annual Conference "Back to the Centre: Back to the Future of Gambling Research" took place June 23 - 25, 2022 at the Banff Centre in Banff, Alberta as a hybrid live and virtual event. A selection of conference presentations presented at the event have been made available with the permission of the authors.
- ItemOpen AccessAlberta Gambling Research Institute Conference 2023: Contemporary Issues in Gambling Research(Alberta Gambling Research Institute, 2023-04-01) Allami, Yousseff; Bedford, Kate; Hodgins, David; Indige-Spheres Youth Group; Kim, Andrew; Manitowabi, Darrel; McGrath, Dan; Naraine, Michael; Newall, Philip; Nicoll, Fiona; Shaw, Carrie; Stevens, Rhys; Volberg, Rachel; Williams, Robert; Busenius, Andree; Gordon, Ted; Krutz, Jonathan; Lee, Bonnie; Lloyd, Joanne; McLuhan, Arthur; Stark, Sasha; Supan, Savannah; Matheson, Flora; Ford, Madison; Papineau, ElisabethThe Institute’s 2023 Conference "Contemporary Issues in Gambling Research" took place March 30 to April 1, 2023 at The Banff Centre in Banff, Alberta as a hybrid live and virtual event. A selection of conference presentations presented at the event have been made available with the permission of the authors.
- ItemOpen AccessAvailability of Legal Gaming in Canada – As of July 2006(Alberta Gambling Research Institute, 2006-07) Stevens, Rhys
- ItemOpen AccessCanada’s Risky Business : a Canadian Guide to Selected Gambling Industry Sources(Emerald, 2004) Stevens, Rhys; Beristain, MaureenThe rapid expansion of the Canadian gambling industry since 1969 has generated substantial profits for provincial governments and industry operators. As gambling expands its reach and regulatory structures evolve, a growing body of researchers is starting to scrutinize the industry and its socio-economic impacts on Canadians. This article provides background information on Canada’s gambling industry and presents an overview of essential information resources.
- ItemOpen AccessCasinos in Alberta(Alberta Gambling Research Institute, 2007-01) Stevens, RhysOrigins and Development of Casino Gambling; The "Charity Model" of Casino Gambling; Allocation of Casino Gambling Revenues; Casino and Racino Facilities in Alberta (2007); Casino and Racino Gambling: A Timeline of Events.
- ItemOpen AccessA digital library of gambling-related publications(2005-06-06) Stevens, RhysOver the past several years, the Alberta Gaming Research Institute Library and the University of Calgary Image Centre have been collaborating on a project to digitize and archive a selection of historical and contemporary gambling-related publications. The project requires that digital copyright permissions be secured before items are digitized and made available online in their entirety through a digital library. The software used to run this digital library is called DSpace and it is hosted at the University of Calgary. As of May 2004, there were more than 239 items included in the collection. It can be accessed from the Institute’s DSpace “community”.
- ItemOpen AccessA Directory of Canadian Casinos(Alberta Gambling Research Institute, 2003-12-09) Stevens, RhysThis directory attempts to provide a listing of casinos facilities in Canada as well as brief description of how these casinos are conducted, managed, and regulated in each provincial and territorial jurisdiction.
- ItemOpen AccessGambling in Canada: Statistics 2020-2021(2022-04-22) Stevens, RhysStatistics about gambling in Canada for fiscal year 2020-21 (April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021) compiled from annual reports of government organizations responsible for conducting, managing and regulating in each of Canada’s provinces and territories.