Multidisciplinary Research Infrastructure: The Role of 21st Century Libraries
Permanent URI for this collection
- ItemOpen AccessMultidisciplinary Research Infrastructure: The Role of 21st Century Libraries Participant Packet(2016-11) Ruddock, Kathryn; Lippincott, Joan; Hickerson, TomIncludes daily agendas, pre-workshop preparation materials
- ItemOpen AccessReport on Multidisciplinary Research Infrastructure: The Role of 21st Century Libraries(2016-03) Hickerson, Tom; McConnell, Mary
- ItemOpen AccessThe Role of Next Generation Libraries in Enhancing Multidisciplinary Research(2016-04-05) HIckerson, Tom; Lippincott, Joan; Ruddock, Kathryn; Sadler, ShawnaHow well are research libraries positioned to meet the needs of today’s multidisciplinary research? What are the common needs across disciplines conducting such research? These are the questions the University of Calgary Libraries and Cultural Resources sought to answer through focused discussions among researchers extending over three days in the fall of 2015. With funding from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, we hosted workshops with researchers from three multidisciplinary research clusters of strategic priority to the University of Calgary – Arctic Studies, Smart Cities and Visual Analytics. External facilitators managed the various sessions and three disciplinary experts from other Canadian universities (Toronto, Carleton and Queens) contributed in broadening the scope of the inquiry. Library staff and representatives of the University’s Research Services Office acted principally as observers, but contributed as needed in identify existing research infrastructure capacities. In this project briefing, we will discuss the planning and conducting of these workshops, report on the common research support needs and themes, examine the implications for 21st century libraries in planning services and technologies and explore their role in the development of research platforms.
- ItemOpen AccessVisioning & Testing Urban Futures: Exploring a Smart Cities Approach to the Greater Toronto Area(University of Calgary, 2015-11-18) Danahy, JohnPresentation for the Multidisciplinary Research Infrastructure: The Role of 21st Century Libraries workshops.
- ItemOpen AccessThoughts on Research Infrastructure Needs: Arctic Studies(University of Calgary, 2015-11-20) Gruber, Stephan