Calgary Regional Partnership Documents
Permanent URI for this collection
- ItemOpen AccessCalgary Regional Transit Plan(AECOM Canada Ltd., 2009-11-20) AECOM Canada LtdThe proposed growth management strategy and policies contained in the Calgary Metropolitan Plan (CMP) of the Calgary Regional Partnership (CRP) have focused on the need to plan for a metropolitan region that is expected to grow to a size of approximately 2.8 million people by 2070 (from a base of approximately 1.2 million residents today) and accommodate an additional 800,000 jobs over the same period. Plans for efficient and costeffective infrastructure are integrated into the CMP’s proposed regional settlement pattern, which promotes intensification of existing development and directs new development to areas that can be supported by the efficient delivery of water, wastewater and transit systems. There are a number of specific CMP policies supporting the regional transit system and its strong integration with land use, which are outlined in the report.
- ItemOpen AccessDraft Sub-Regional Transit Feasibility Study: Survey Of Community Residents (Black Diamond, Nanton, Okotoks, & Turner Valley) - 2014(HarGroup Management Consultants, 2014) HarGroup Management ConsultantsThe overall purpose of the study was to examine awareness of regional transit concepts, and assess trip needs for the residents of select communities within communities south of Calgary; as well as to investigate factors involved with the implementation of a trial regional transit service among residents
- ItemOpen AccessEAST – WEST REGIONAL TRANSIT FEASIBILITY PLANNING: SURVEY OF COMMUNITY RESIDENTS (COCHRANE, CHESTERMERE, STRATHMORE, & CALGARY)(HarGroup Management Consultants, 2017-12) HarGroup Management ConsultantsThe Calgary Regional Partnership conducted feasibility surveys in Cochrane, Chestermere, and Strathmore to examine the opportunity of introducing pilot projects for its ON-IT regional transit service. The surveys were conducted by telephone in 2017 with random samples of residents from Cochrane, Chestermere, Strathmore, and Calgary to assess travel needs and expectations of use. HarGroup Management Consultants Inc. conducted the surveys.
- ItemOpen AccessA brief explanation on the cost sharing model used for the south sub-regional transit pilot projectStantec Consulting LtdCost Sharing is a decision based on values. The CRP sub-regional service cost sharing methodology is based on the following three principles: 1. Equal: Implementing the service together is more beneficial than implementing service individually. 2. Population/ridership: Communities should be responsible for the portion of service used by the people from each community. 3. Service hours/distance: Communities should be responsible for the amount of service received and relative costs.
- ItemOpen AccessCalgary Regional Partnership TRANSIT TEST PILOT: DRAFT SUB-REGIONAL FEASIBILITY STUDY OPERATIONAL PLAN(Stantec Consulting Ltd., ) Stantec Consulting Ltd.; Calgary Regional PartnershipThe Calgary Region is growing rapidly. It is estimated that approximately another 1.8 million new residents will move to the Calgary Region within the next 50 years. Growth is good for the economy and brings with it advantages and challenges that need to be managed. The Calgary Regional Partnership worked collaboratively with its municipal partners to develop a smart growth plan known as the Calgary Metropolitan Plan (CMP) in response to the proposed future growth of the Region.