Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorPannekoek, Frits, 1949-en
dc.date.accessioned2006-12-18T23:09:14Z
dc.date.available2006-12-18T23:09:14Z
dc.date.issued1984
dc.identifier.citationArchivaria 18, 1984, pp. 255-262.en
dc.identifier.issn0318-6954
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1880/44189
dc.description.abstractA very critical study of the preservation strategies employed at Riel House. Riel House was opened to the public by Parks Canada in the summer of 1980, after almost a decade of research and restoration. Situated at 330 River Road, St. Vital, Manitoba, it was acquired by the Manitoba Historical Society in April 1968, and was subsequently transferred to the federal government on 15 April 1970. The house, operated on contract by the St. Boniface Historical Society, is a three room structure, consisting of a living area, two bedrooms, and an undeveloped upstairs. Julie Lagimodiere, Riel's mother, occupied one bedroom, and the other was presumably for Marguerite, Riel's wife. There were other bedrooms in the 1880s. The house has been restored to the period just after Riel's lying "in state" there in 1885.en
dc.format.extent4455159 bytes
dc.format.mimetypeapplication/pdf
dc.language.isoengen
dc.publisherAssociation of Canadian Archivistsen
dc.subjectParks Canadaen
dc.subjectManitoba Historical Societyen
dc.subject.otherRiel Houseen
dc.subject.otherRiel, Louis, 1844-1885en
dc.titleRiel House : a critical reviewen
dc.typejournal article
dc.description.refereedYesen
dc.publisher.corporateUniversity of Calgaryen
dc.publisher.facultyLibrary & Cultural Resourcesen
dc.identifier.doihttp://dx.doi.org/10.11575/PRISM/29849
thesis.degree.disciplinePannekoek, Fritsen


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record