Information Literacy Tutorials
Permanent URI for this collection
- ItemOpen AccessPsycinfo - Methodology field values(2013-04-12) Baer, RichardShows how to find the values for the methodology field in psycinfo. This field allows you to limit your search to scientific studies. Before doing so, you need to know how Psycinfo defines the methodology field.(1:44 min)
- ItemOpen AccessGoogle Scholar - Cited by(2013-04-12) Baer, RichardShows how to update any search by finding an article in Google Scholar, then using "cited by" to find newer articles on the same subject.(1:48 min.)
- ItemOpen AccessGoogle Scholar - Use it the one-stop way(2013-02-25) Baer, RichardShows the advantage of using Google Scholar through a library database. Contrasts a search from home with a search via the library showing the link to fulltext holdings from the library connection.
- ItemOpen AccessAcademic Integrity Tutorial(2012-07-31T13:50:24Z) Cunningham, AvrilAcademic Integrity at the University of Southern California is a tutorial developed in a partnership between USC Libraries and Student Judicial Affairs and Community Standards. Students have 24/7 access to a 15-minute online tutorial providing an overview of academic integrity at USC. A certificate of completion is awarded at the end of tutorial after correctly completing an online quiz. By the end of the tutorial students will know: (1) When and how to cite sources. (2) How to avoid plagiarism. (3) The sanctions related to violating academic integrity standards at USC. (4) How to avoid unauthorized collaboration. (5) How to avoid cheating and the falsification of information. (6) About library resources available to help achieve academic success as well as to avoid plagiarism.
- ItemOpen AccessAcademic Search Complete(2012-01-21) Ackerman, Nichole