Browsing Werklund School of Education by Department "Werklund School of Education"
Now showing 1 - 7 of 7
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessCyberbullying among children and teens: A pervasive global issue(2017-04) Eaton, Sarah E.; Elaine, Sarah ElaineThis report is a compiliation of evidence-informed blog posts on cyberbulling among children and teens. It examines the issue of cyberbullying from the perspective of both the victim and the perpetrator. A key argument is that cyberbullying is a matter not only for the children involved, but also for their families and educators. Keywords: cyberbullying, children, youth, family, educators
- ItemOpen AccessGraduate student research manual: Focus groups and interviews(2017-08-25) Eaton, Sarah Elaine; Brown, BarbaraThis manual is a practical training guide for Masters of Education students (referred to graduate-student researchers) in the Werklund School of Education, University of Calgary. It may also be applicable to students working in other fields or institutions. The purpose of this manual is to support graduate-student researchers on how to plan and conduct focus groups and interviews for qualitative research in the field of education. This manual is evidence-informed and includes additional references for researchers and research assistants to further develop their understanding of how to work successfully on a qualitative research project that collects data through focus groups.
- ItemOpen AccessInvestigating Academic Integrity in the Werklund School of Education: Process, policy and perceptions: Research Project Brief(2016-12-06) Eaton, Sarah E.This brief provides a high level overview of the research project "Academic Integrity in the Werklund School of Education: Process, policy and perceptions".
- ItemOpen AccessPortfolios to Assess Literacy and Second Languages: An Annotated Bibliography(2011-06-01) Eaton, Sarah E.This annotated bibliography surveys key resources and research related specifically to language learning and literacy. It focuses on resources that will be valuable to teaching professionals and researchers who specialize in the areas of foreign and second language teaching, language arts and first and second language literacy.
- ItemOpen AccessA rural education teacher preparation program: course design, student support and engagement(2017-04-27) Eaton, Sarah E.; Gereluk, Dianne; Dressler, Roswita; Becker, SandraAttracting and retaining teachers for rural and remote areas is a pervasive global problem. Currently, teacher education in Canada is primarily delivered in face-to-face formats located in urban centres or satellite campuses. There is a need for relevant and responsive teacher education programs for rural pre-service teachers. Recognizing this need, one university has responded by creating a Community-based Bachelor of Education program targeting rural students who reside beyond the reach of these campuses. This paper explores the inaugural year of this innovative program, the only one of its kind in Canada. Paper presented at AERA 2017, San Antonio, Texas
- ItemOpen AccessTechnology in English at the White House: Report(2016-11-09) Eaton, Sarah E.This report documents the English for All: Technology in English at The White House on November 29, 2016, championed by the Under Secretary for Public Diplomacy, Richard Stengel. The "English for All" initiative was announced by President Obama in 2016. This event represented a gathering of experts in the field to discuss how educational technology can be used for teaching and learning English as a Second language and advancing foreign policy goals. Dr. Sarah Eaton, Assistant Professor, Werklund School of Education was invited to represent the Unviersity of Calgary at The White House. Eaton was the only Canadian invited to this prestigious event.